Thursday 16 April 2015

Post event running

Today was the first day I felt able to exercise following my first triathlon on Sunday, pretty reasonable, only a few days. But I have been incredibly run down and had a terrible headache since the event. So bad I would almost classify as a migraine with light spots appearing in front of my eyes. It is not uncommon to have a severe headache or migraine after a sporting event and this can be caused by hypernatremia.

So that aside - as quite frankly I could be being dramatic - I woke up today feeling rested and before my alarm so running seemed a good idea, an idea that I acted upon before I could talk myself out of it.

A nice local circuit of around 5km would do just fine and help stretch out my legs after the event. The first mile felt tough and my legs heavy but into the second mile I began to loosen up and find a more comfortable pace whilst also keeping my breathing even.

The shuffle on my phone made sure I was unsuspecting of the musical selections coming my way during the run, a nice upbeat one to finish though with Buck Rogers from Feeder.


He's got a brand new car
Looks like a Jaguar
Its got leather seats
Its got a CD player..player...player...player

I think were gonna make it
i think we're gonna save it yeah
So don't you try and fake it
Anymore, anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment