Saturday 4 April 2015

Drop and Run

A day of sightseeing was in the pipeline today for me and my younger brother, as I had been advised not to use any of my ‘tricks’ to try and make him run with me as they wouldn’t work I had planned to get out early whilst he had a lie in.

I saw my opportunity as my husband was getting ready to leave for work, I leapt up and into the nearest kit, grabbed my headphones and got a lift with him away from the house. He dropped me off a couple of miles away so I could run home.

Knowing my run would only consist of the return journey seem to make me rather fleet of foot and I was quite contentedly running along, singing my songs and not worrying about pace (mostly as my Garmin had run out of juice and I couldn’t see my phone in my running belt).

Oddly the second song was not at all motivational to running… ‘Do you want to build a snowman’ from Frozen began to blast into my ears. I must really look at setting up my playlists rather than relying on the shuffle function. More appropriate – to a big eighties music fan such as myself – was when Tiffany ‘I think we’re alone now’ started to play…

And so we're running just as fast as we can
Holdin' onto one another's hand
Tryin' to get away into the night

Whilst singing along to this I knocked out my fastest mile of the run!!

I reached home, a four mile run at a decent pace and motivated. Its nice to feel like this after a run again and glad to see my pace is getting back to where it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment