Friday 13 March 2015

Up and Out

When I woke this morning the sun was shining and whilst I had planned to do an exercise video as I get my kit on I thought better of it and decided to get outside and make the most of the bright morning. I didn't really have a route planned, just a vague idea of how to get around 5 km under my belt whilst not venturing too far a field – I had an urge to run for longer even before beginning and the further away I got the more likely I would just keep running. It was the most sensible therefore to stay pretty close to home and one eye on my watch.
Starting on a slight incline – something I have deliberately avoided for the last year I was reasonably please with my pacing and comfort. My breathing stayed even as I padded along the pavements and tried to avoid singing out loud to a great (or perhaps questionable) mix of tunes.
As I passed the third mile, I was still feeling a bit keen and wanting to keep going but if I did I would leave myself in a bit of a rush would perhaps snatch away that runners high too soon. I headed home, arriving back at just under 3.5 miles in the same time I would run 3 miles on a treadmill. I knew I preferred running outdoors for a reason…. Fresh air makes me go faster but the running feel easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment