Friday 2 January 2015

Time Trial Mile


I thought it may be worthwhile to complete a mile time trial to see how poor my fitness had really become since my injury (now almost two years ago). All a very good idea until afterwards when I realised I don’t think I had ever completed a 1 mile trial so not much to compare it with!

The mile in question was also completed on a treadmill, also not ideal and it affects how fast you will run to some extent as you are more conscious of the speed you are going because it’s right there in front of you with the seconds ticking away.

I ran the mile in 8:39

I wanted to have run quicker than that and feel that on a track or in the great outdoors I may have done. Sadly I can see that fitness has been lost.

Wouldn’t it be fabulous if I could lose as much weight as I have fitness and gain fitness in the way weight is gained over Christmas time!

No comments:

Post a Comment