Wednesday 26 November 2014

Hypothetical Hills

Time to belt up!
Despite contracting a mild version of the man flu currently circulating my home it seemed like a good idea to text our hill training guru Emma just hypothetically to see what time she would arrive at ‘the hill’ for tonight’s session. She advised, hypothetically of courses, that it would be around 8pm.

So, sitting on my sofa I decided I must get off my bottom and “stop watching crappy TV” (another Emma quote). Into my kit I got, with one too many layers – the downside of not running outside for a while was that I forgot how hot I get when layered up.
I drove part way and then got out to run, timing it just perfectly to meet with the 14 other hill runners approaching from Summer Hill (the fools!).
It turns out, the session was having a bit of a shake up this week and we were taking on Kenyan style hill reps which includes running up and down hard for an extended period (6 minutes) before a break rather than run up and back then alternating with a partner.
I am happy to say I managed to keep moving but my mental enthusiasm was sadly not matched by but ability and endurance which has sadly lessened since being injured. A huge plus though was how great it was to be out with old friends from the running club, encouraging each other and just to see some of my lycra-clad buddies!
Glad I made the effort, now to keep it up….. Hypothetically Emma I will be there next week x

No comments:

Post a Comment