Monday 13 October 2014

Work that Hyde

So this week I am away with work, at our office on the outskirts of Manchester, I will be living like Alan Partridge, alone in my hotel room but wait, this is an opportunity to use my evening to boost my fitness. 

I ensured I had booked a hotel with a decent sized pool and a gym. This was going to be a mega fitness week. On arrival this evening, I checked in, got into my kit and went straight to the gym where I opted for a 5km treadmill run, start as I mean to go on. As expected I am slower on a treadmill as it's always too hot for me running indoors. But after 35mins I had completed my target distance and then made my way to the free weights. 

As the week progressed I swam every morning before leaving for work, had two more gym work outs, two body pump classes and one spin class. So by the end of the week I was feeling pretty darn pleased with myself. 
The spin class was tough, the first in months, and it did leave my back a little sore afterwards.... One to watch I think so I will keep trying to strengthen my spine before I tackle spin again. I did enjoy it though and as I had been chatting to the instructor beforehand he gave me three cheers at the end, odd but nice to get some positive encouragement from strangers!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment