Sunday 13 July 2014

Waterway to have a good time

After our mini break and racing last year in Chamonix it was time we had another break with the our good friends (and my oldest friend of over 30 years). This year we would be boating on the Norfolk Broads, just like Alan Partridge although without a cow landing on us I hoped. 

This trip was not about running or a race but we were all (with the exception of my good husband) keen to get a run in. So on a slight hangover, myself and the Bonds hit the canal path around Wroxham to get in a cheeky 5km run before breakfast. I was still easing myself back into running with my back injury so I opted for a run/walk technique. 

Quickly running out of canal path we headed inland and onto some lovely country roads, our out and back point as is often the way finishes at the top of a steep incline but at least we got to run back down! 

I was pleased to have got back up to 3miles again two weeks on the trot although my back was not convinced of this after such a long departure from running any kind of distance. It is slow going but I will get there I am sure, just frustrating it is taking so blooming long.

No comments:

Post a Comment