Thursday 26 December 2013

Boxing Day Bimble

On Christmas Day I did not venture out to run but I did do a speed session on my new sparkly spin bike to get the metabolism working and prepare me for the feasting ahead. I headed to my favourite Aunty's house laden with canapés, mince pies, brandy butter and plenty of bubbly ready to celebrate the season with loved ones. 
On Boxing Day morning the hardy amongst us... myself, my Aunt and a soon to be persuaded Dan (having his first Lycra experience) got out early to start work on burning of the Christmas treats.
We went to the railway path, one of my favourite places for a non-thinking run, lovely and soft underfoot so good on the knees and out and back with the potential for miles so not much thinking required.
We passed many walkers donning their Santa hats, flooded fields below us and a number of fallen trees to negotiate. There was no real plan on distance but a vague hour run was in mind, 30 mins out then back. 
All quite pleased with ourselves we went back for a breakfast of toast with Christmas Cheeseboard... well we can't be angels all the time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment