Sunday 15 December 2013

Apparently I've been quiet!

So it would seem I have been noticeably absent from the world of running and particularly blogging with my last post over 2 months ago, I can only apologise to the few followers I have and hope to be able to get back on top of both the running and the blogging very soon.

Sadly it would seem that since my car accident in January when I suffered lower back problems I have now (11 months on) had to return to the doctor and been advised more physio... bummer. Yes, maybe I can still do more that the average man on the sofa but it doesn't mean I have to be happy or satisfied with that, I want to be out there running, running like Forest Gump with no end in sight and it doesn't matter because I just want to run when I feel like it and for as long as I feel like it... not until my back starts to ache as my spine compresses and compounds the pain and forces me to walk or even to return home.

So I will have the physio, I will continue to build my core strength during my personal training and I will try to follow Forest Gump example... I run because I can and because I just felt like running. 

So today, I went out to meet up with Jerry, his first run since the Winter 100 which he completed in true Jerry style with "real grit". It seemed a good match, he needed to test his legs out slow and so did I. Plus we hadn't had a good old chinwag about running and randomness for some weeks so we were well overdue hence the chatter flowed as the miles disappeared under foot. 

We came across small band of PWR Sunday runners where one in his usual cheery way was keen to point out that we all have problems (referring to my back injury) that we run with. It's always hard to say if this is a dig or some attempt at being nice. Either way we made our pleasantries and carried on our way. 
"Mama said they was Magic shoes" - Forrest Gump

Through woods and along trails, a short way on road and before long we had not run out of chatter but we were back at the car for Jerry's departure (hopefully he remembered the Brandy on the way home for Christmas baking). I added a little more on as I was feeling happy and good to be out arriving home a snippet under 6.5 miles and thoroughly pleased with that. 

All I need now is that pair of magic shoes I saw in the Nike store..... so so beautiful and wonderful on my feet!







No comments:

Post a Comment