Thursday 12 September 2013

Tempo & Kettlebells

So with my new found mojo, and the anticipation of a late notice entry to a marathon - only 7 weeks away I was determined to get straight into my training plan and start building up my miles and working sensibly towards a goal for the first time this year. (not that I haven't had goals but have been unable to train as I normally would thanks to the dreaded whiplash).

I arrived early to the gym for my personal training session and proceeded to get in a 5km tempo run - key run in all training plans, not to be omitted - thanks #xempoday for reminding me! Running hard for longer than I had for a while felt great, I was pleased with my pace and to get the blood flowing.

By the time Emma arrived for our session the sweat was pooring off me but I was feeling amazing. Today's session was to be a full hours kettlebell work out. In a slight state of being zoned out I looked around the room and started to wonder which gym equipment would be the best in a Zombie attack (I am getting dangerously obsessed with the The Walking Dead). I thought it best to open up with question and we thought a Kettlebell with be good in close quarters as you could do a good skull crushing swing but with a handle for a grip.

It was very tough but amazing, for the last part we pumped up the music and as I felt that strange quiver in my top lip as the reps became tougher and tougher I knew I would be sore tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment