Monday 24 June 2013

Fake Hills

Now with less than a week to go until the Mont Blanc Marathon I am still not feeling quite as nervous as I feel I should be due to my disrupted and intermittent training but strangely I am feeling good and even more so after hitting the gym today for a treadmill run and a PT session with Emma. 

6 days away and I thought about the best way to use this time before the race and before today's PT to warm up and get my cardio in. I opted for the treadmill and thankfully I found one in front of the screen showing Wimbledon and was spared the horror that is Jeremy Kyle. I set the timer for 40 mins, hit the hill programme and was on my way at a good pace (faster than planned for Sunday's race).

Halfway through the sweat was pouring from me and I had been privy to a press conference where Venus Williams had apparently been chatting about another players relationship.... enough to take my mind of the time but no idea of the details except is that really important. I thought tennis was more sophisticated than that!

32 minutes and going strong, I knew Emma would be arriving soon to work my arms and core but I hoped I would make the end of the run before she did. Still climbing upwards but my legs feeling strong I kept going right until the end. Not quite the satisfaction I am sure I will feel when I reach the peaks of the Alps but satisfying none the less and also gave me a little more confidence about the mountainous task coming my way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment