Saturday 25 May 2013

The Tourist

I was staying up in Nottingham for the weekend and the friend I was staying with suggested Parkrun.... it was their 100th anniversary run and also 100 days until her baby is due. With a big weekend of drinking ahead at a hen do it seemed like a really positive way to kick things off!

We arrived at Colwick Parkrun  nice and early with time to walk to the start and see part of the route. As this was an anniversary run there were loads of first timers and lots of announcements to make when they asked if they had any Parkrun tourists I raised my hand. I was the only one, they asked where I was from... in my panic I shouted 'London' and a big cheer went out! Apparently this is not the norm for the big cheer but the sun was shining, there were cakes to be eaten and everyone was in good spirits!

The route was a sort of loop and a half around a lake on woodland paths, very different to Bromley and requires Marshalls as there are hidden bends and turns but a really lovely route on such a beautiful day was a good opportunity for me to stretch my legs and try and put some power into this. I knew a PB wouldn't be forthcoming but the physio on my back is helping and I was able to push out a decent 5km in under 26 minutes.

Delighted with our healthy and positive start to the day we smugly went back and had a lovely brekkie before heading the first activity of the weekend, the Adrenalin Jungle assault course!

No comments:

Post a Comment