Wednesday 6 March 2013

Back to Basics

Post holiday I feel like someone pressed my reset button, I am starting from scratch with my fitness but also my mental state has somewhat improved after spending some really good time just relaxing and not fretting.

On Sunday I ran and I wasn't best chuffed but I was running and that is great news after 7 weeks of inactivity (swimming and recumbent bike just weren't reaching the levels I normally do in training). Then last night I added in a bonus and reintroduction to personal training - we worked out and the time flew by all the time conscious of my back we worked out what I could and could not do comfortably. Most uncomfortable was facing a mirror while doing squat jumps but I made it through and felt more motivated to claw back the fitness we had worked so hard to achieve.

This morning, still buzzing and slightly concerned that DOMS may appear as the day progresses I got up early and headed out for a run. I wanted to run a little further than Sunday and also try to push a bit harder. I did both although the last mile (of a 4 miler) felt like the final miles of a marathon. It will take some time to get back to my higher mileage but I tried to think back to when I first started running - every time I came through the door after a run I was so excited to have gone just that little bit further. I remember reaching 2 miles and being over the moon so I will channel that energy and excitement and keep working on it. At least this time I know its possible because I have been there and will come back stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment