Saturday 12 January 2013

Support act for todays' run...Bon Jovi

Usually on a weekend I still wake up early and head out for my long run, today was a little different, I had had a long week and I was fairly blooming shattered. I awake at about 12 noon... the most amazing lay in ever and obviously very much needed. I ummed and ahhed about where and when to run and decided to get going in daylight hours.

Once again following the new long run technique of 25 minute running with 5 minute walk breaks was in action once again today with the target being to go for a little longer than last week (in terms of time). 
Last week even though I knew this was the plan I still had my distance visible on my watch at all times. This week I decided rather than going for a set distance I would just think about time on my feet and this is key to include in my ultra distance training plan. 

Setting my Garmin for these intervals I was good to go, although a little later than my usual weekend runs! With my belt around my waist, water bottles filled, breakfast biscuits in my pocket I was ready to run. the route was not planned in anyway I just ran where I felt like and marginally tried to ensure my walk breaks were away from main roads. About half way through I was feeling a little bored, tired and pondered cutting short and going home, then Living on a Prayer came on .... "oooohh we're half way there....." it must have been a sign from Bon Jovi so I just kept going. On my arrival home I was shattered but I had almost 3 hours on my feet and was more than pleased with this, as was Jon Bon Jovi I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment