Saturday 22 December 2012

Bromley Parkrun - Christmas Traditions

For the past two years myself and my brother have together gone to Bromley Parkrun on Christmas Day morning and run. This year was a little different as he wouldn't be here on Christmas Day so instead we opted for the Saturday before Christmas and also another participant joined us, his girlfriend.
I had awoken to the sound of rain at 4am and thought to myself I hope they don't want to run it will be very muddy. But at 8am when I knocked on the guest room door to wake them they were both still keen to run and stick with this family tradition. A PB had been on the cards but when seeing the weather we knew this was probably a real long shot as much of the course would be waterlogged. 
We finished in good time although not quite a PB for my brother, we were muddy, wet, hot, sweaty but happy we had ventured out despite the weather and kept the tradition alive.
II'll see you two next year, and hopefully for a PB bro! 


No comments:

Post a Comment