Thursday 20 December 2012

18 Days Later

I had not exercised for 18 whole days, following the unwise decision to do a long run in the cold I was attacked by every vrius and infection going, leaing me bed bound, miserable and unable to sleep. It was a bad time. But today I was back and my first session will take place in doors as I headed of for my personal training session with Emma. 
Unsure how my body would react I arrived early and started a 15minute warm-up run on the treadmill, feeling good we then went into intervals and lots of other weights before more intervals and another set of weights and core stability. Don't get me wrong it was tough and I worked really hard but I absolutely loved every minute of it and was bouncing off the walls for another couple of hours upon returning home. 18 days without exercise is too much  I was ill there was nothing I could do about it but now I am back and must ease in sensibly so as not to waste the enforced rest my body has undergone. 
For those who have commented on the lack of Fibre Runners I do apologise as you will now be bombarded as I update all my runs over the xmas period.
Happy running everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment