Tuesday 20 November 2012

Old School Club Run



NOW OPEN
The bridge is now open, hooray! I can now avoid the long and convoluted diversion to reach running club. With this in mind I ended up leaving late which meant hardly any parking spaces were available. I found one and headed toward the cub meeting point, argh, I was still wearing my glasses... back to the car I went. As I returned the groups were departing. The first one came towards me... "which group?" I called "5, join us"... hmmm "no thanks I keep looking..." next group was 4 and being led by Karen, perfect!

Off we headed straight up Birchwood before heading don towards Orpington, up Sevenoaks Way, back down to the other end of the High Street and again up the savage hill past the Station. I paired up with Janet (now my good luck charm since she pulled my name from the VLM draw) and we pushed up the hill together. It was suggested that maybe I should carry her on my back as a thank you!!
MMM PIE!
Before long we were on the home stretch and a few of us began to stretch our legs out and increase our speed for the 3/4 mile. Just shy of 6 miles this was a really lovely run that reminded Me of the early days with the club, lots of friendly chat and a good catch up with running buddies.

Saying my farewell I texted hubby to announce my imminent arrival and so he could put the Wimberry Pie in the oven for my post-run treat (collected fresh from Bury, Manchester by my Mother-in-Law). So after a quick freshen up I had pie and ice cream with a nice cuppa for my supper. Oh how easy it would have been to bail this evening after the miserable weather but very glad I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment