Tuesday 27 November 2012

Gone Clubbing

Once again I arrived home early enough to eat and have a couple of hours relaxing before going to running club. This can be fatal, as I sat snuggled up on the sofa, wrapped in a blanket, a purring cat on my lap and the sound of rain falling on the roof I did not want to go back out.
But checking the weather it promised the rain would be over by 8pm so I told myself to man up, get changing and get out with the club. So donning some full length tights and a high viz jacket I departed into the cold (but thankfully dry) night.

Tonight we had another group leader variation with Sian leading the way and Ray bringing up the rear. At first there was a little confusion as two groups kept crossing into one another but before long we had edged ahead and were on our way. My legs felt heavy and sore for the first 2 miles as I contemplated ditching and going back the way I came. Instead I got chatting which is always a very good distraction and one of my favourite things about running on a Tuesday night and before I knew it another two miles had passed, then another and we were homeward bound. 

Finally my legs felt at one with my body and I stepped up the pace for the final stretch sprinting home and then saying some quick hello's to faces from the other groups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment