Tuesday 2 October 2012

Early to bed, early to rise

...and it is so simple but so true. Last night I could barely keep my eyes open and as it approached 9 I was already brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed. The advantage or some might think disadvantage of this was that I awoke early this morning, whilst it was still dark and before the alarm. However  it was almost alarm time so I got up, got into my kit and set out for some early morning intervals. 
Of late I have been doing most of my intervals in the gym on the treadmill, for no reason other than the treadmill is dull and running intervals makes it a little less so. But last week and this morning I went to my favourite little private road to do my 6 x 400m. As ever barely a car in sight, what with it being so early and no through route so no reason for the early commuters to venture onto my own private running track. Intervals really do make the time fly and before I knew it I was back home and energised for the day ahead... lets see how long that lasts before I am ready for a nap!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment