Wednesday 10 October 2012

Concrete Spin

Two days for some unknown reason seemed like sufficient rest for my legs following a solid performance at the Brussels Half marathon on Sunday so I was up before the sun and arrived early for Wednesday morning spin class with Jackie. Only it wasn't with Jackie, it was with Mark.
Now there is nothing wrong with Mark as an instructor but Mark isn't aware that I run and I feel that he felt I was really struggling, in fact I looked pretty novice in the ways of spin this morning. Firstly I couldn't get my cleat attached to the pedal, after many tries the man next to me said oh yeah that one is broken, I had trouble yesterday (brilliant). So then already in the first track I was switching bikes, trying to adjust the seat height, then the handlebars and then getting my feet back in. Then I joined in, the routine was slightly different and I did my best but if I were to be brutally honest I wanted to go back home to bed, my legs ached and it felt like I was cycling in concrete boots. 
I made it through to the end and saw the pity on Mark's face... I told him I had just run a half marathon and then he was more impressed that pitying - why this matters I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment