Sunday 30 September 2012

The animals of Petts Wood


Back on plan today and it stated 9 miles in 1:18:00 I was a bit suspicious about my ability to do this and opted to slow it down a little changing my Garmin to the same distance in 1:25:00. I had woken fairly early and surprisingly up for a run despite the copious amounts of meat I had eaten last night at the Hard Rock Cafe.
The satellites were not up as early as me which was frustrating so I set off before they could catch on, I was slightly disheartened as the pace seemed quite slow so I pushed and pushed, before long I was running at about the right pace for the original plan so wondered how long I could keep it up.
The pace was much easier to maintain then I thought it would be and I happily ran along and did a bit or bird spotting..... there were magpies, wood pigeons, jays, parakeets. It felt a bit like the Animals of Farthing wood as I went along with birds, squirrels and foxes going about their Sunday morning routines!
The time seemed to fly by and before long I was well past halfway with only 2 miles to go until home. Sadly the last mile was mostly an incline but I kept a decent pace and was soon coasting along my road to the front door. My post run re-fuel was poached eggs on Marmite toast and a nice cuppa. Oh and the time 1:18:40 so I think this bodes well for the Brussels half marathon next weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment