Friday 10 August 2012

Just singing and cycling!

This morning I had begun the day with a nice but testing ride to work on my bike, tackling Summer Hill on the way and much to my delight making it with ease to the top without stopping but using pretty much every gear!

Then Friday afternoon came and I was excited about the ride home, it was sunny and calm out so I decided I would take the scenic route back home on a little divert. I set off on my way with a vague plan in my head. This was quickly forgotten as I just haphazardly took turning wherever I felt the urge and singing to myself the whole time.

I must have been quite a site happily belting out the ad hoc songs I was creating along the route sounding probably not dissimilar to Dory in Finding Nemo. The singing came to an abrupt halt as I talked the steepest hill I have ever come across as I reverted to talking myself into keeping going... slowly the wheels turned and the gears changed and to my surprise I kept moving onwards and upwards until finally the road took a sharp right onto a perfectly flat stretch, and not soon enough! I slowed to recover and had a good swig of my water.

Before long I found myself at Chelsfield station which although I knew wasn't far from home I hadn't ever actually been there and so I was a bit lost. I found a bus stop that stated 'towards Orpington' and followed the route until I was back on track. Arriving home I have tripled my journey distance home to just shy of 12 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment