Tuesday 14 August 2012

Easy Way Out

As the training plan for the Palace to Palace bike ride dictates that I should be cycling miles and miles every week in preparation even as a social cyclist I determined I would try to once a week cycle to and from work. This is something that is actually pretty easy and enjoyable so it is amazing how easy it is to talk myself out of it.

The route in takes me up the infamous Summer Hill that leaves many runners quivering in its wake or panting at the top so to attempt this on a bike seemed so much harder than on foot and so much more obvious if you fail... but once again I made it up (only the second time) and it was such a great feeling.

That feeling had let me arrive at work nicely warm-up up and pretty smug. this feeling soon left as the working day ended I was pretty shattered and the thought of attempting the other side of Summer Hill was just too much. I got the top and turned right instead... I took a lovely amble through Jubilee Park and arrived home having done an extra mile but thoroughly happy about that as it was a lovely afternoon to cycle through the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment