Friday 8 June 2012

#juneathon Day 8: Sweaty disgrace!

All night the wind had been blowing a gale, the trees were slanting dangerously and the thought of running into the wind did not appeal in the slightest. My lack of motivation to be too active over the past two days was weighing heavy on my mind so last night I went to bed early, and was up early to head our for a spin class (grrr it was fully booked when I arrived just after the last spot had been sold).
So it was time to hit the gym, when exercising indoors however good the aircon might be a am a sweaty disgrace, there is no way around it, no way to avoid it... when I hit the gym I sweat!
I noticed some women in full make-up even at 6.30am meandering around the gym, walking on the treadmill whilst ready a magazine (why bother?).
I decided to break down my workout into chunks of 10 minutes starting with the cross-trainer for a warm-up, then the rowing machine, a stepper (killer on the calves), 1.5miles in 11 minutes (sure I can do a little better next time), 10 mins of sit-ups and work with the medicine ball all rounded off with a cool down on the bike for 10 minutes and stretching. I looked horrendous and beetroot but what a way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment