Friday 1 June 2012

#juneathon Day 1: Pinch, Punch, First of the Month!

So today a reminder flashed up in my calendar.... it said don't forget to enter the Juneathon. The Juneathon is a sporting challenge whereby you commit to run (or exercise) every day of the month and blog about it. I first heard about this from a running club friend who had registered for the Janathon - essentially the same challnege in a colder month! I had thought at the time it sounded like the sort of thing that would suit me as I blog frequently and exercise a fair bit too, but January offer the risk of meddling with my marathon training plan, now June seemed a much better idea... at least it did back in January!
So today is ths first day of my Juneathon challenge, there is a long road ahead... well a 30 day road ahead... so I thought I'd better get cracking.
Well, I say that, I spent the day thinking how lovely it would be to go for a run when I got home... but first the dentist, then a cuppa, then I ate my dinner which meant I have to wait a while. Finally at 9:30pm I headed out the door, I planned a nice little 5km and set off on my route. I was home, seemingly a little quicker than planned so when I looked at my watch and saw it was only just over 2 miles I was confused but I went inside. I looked again a my route... it was in km not miles, not sure how I managed that but not a mistake I will make again, doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment