Friday 29 June 2012

#juneathon Day 29: Almost taste that finish...

Up early with the sun, I was pounding the pacements at at 5:45am, pretty early even by my standards. I had planned to do a simple circular road route but with the blue skies overhead and the sun shining down it seemed a waste not to venture into the woods. I took trails I hadn't hit for some time and just let my feet carry me without to much thought to my route for the first couple of miles. So refreshing to run without a plan and through the woods and over trails is the best place to do this sort of activity. I emerged from the woods and before long had found my way back into them for the final mile before home. So sad to be finishing this run, it was one of those days I felt I could just keep going forever - but alas work was calling.

Knowing that I have done 28 days, 4 weeks of daily fitness in it's various forms is quite an acheivement. It you are looking for something to bring back your mojo then this could be the answer. I was struggling to stay motived and get myself moving post marathon but having a challenge ahead of me was just what I needed. I have done so much cross-training in addition to my running I know I will benefit and the first rest day is in sight but who knows if I will take it?

No comments:

Post a Comment