Thursday 14 June 2012

#juneathon Day 14: Garmin free....arghhhhh!

 
Today was a bit of a mish-mash of decisions of what I was going to do training wise. I had thoughts of swimming, returning to attend a Body Pump class, maybe squeeze in a spin session but instead I had arranged to meet with the support coach from my Coaching course to run over my progress, as it happens this was just ahead of Richard's special training session at Willet Rec so I stayed on to complete the session.
The big issue was that due to my training indecision of the morning I was missing one vital piece of kit... my Garmin! OMG how ws I going to cope, I never (and I really mean that) run without my Garmin. I mean seriously, its very sad, I in fact find it hard to run without my Garmin not knowing speed and pace and time. So to run without it was a real eye opener and to run speed intervals with only myself to relay on was very strange indeed. I think I did okay, maybe I did better than I thought its very hard to say. The only the gauge I have to relate to how far I went or how fast was the number f laps around the fields and that the speed sessions were run for 12 minutes. My calculations are rough but I am guessing about 3.5 miles including the warm up but I really cannot say for sure! This was probably a good thing for me... maybe I am growing!
Glad I did as well as it was good to stretch my legs and mix it up a bit with drills, speed work, core work before stretching off, chatting with friends and heading home for my dinner! I was doubly please as when I arrived home, no sooner had I put my key in the lock and turned that the rain turned on and proceeded to absolutely belt it down, haha rain, foiled again by my amazing waterproofed timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment