Monday 11 June 2012

#juneathon Day 11: Caution Deep Water

With rain coming down like a waterfall and flood warnings going out all over the news and on the radio there was no way I was about to take myself out into that to risk being washed away down a drain where I would then live out my days in a soggy sewer.
So, if you can't beat it, join it... swimming was the answer. Gathered my kit and headed out the door to travel through driving rain and giant puddles. I avoided the temptation to drive through the puddles and splash pedestrians as I knew had I been running and that had happened it would certainly not be a pleasing occurrence.
The swimming pool was jam-packed this morning and the slow lane was extra slow and the fast lane more medium so I opted for that. I had swum approximately half a mile (my aim) and then decided there was no good reason why I wasn't doing more and since this was the first swim since the Great British Gas Swim that perhaps I should keep going and hot the mile. After a while, Brian A appeared in the pool at some point, super focussed powering up and down the lanes before departing as I finished up and had a little chill out time in the sauna! Looks like as his triathlon approaches he has his mind on the prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment