Monday 28 May 2012

Too Hot to Trot

The weather over the last week or so has been glorious, I am not complaining, well my only complaint is that I am stuck indoors when I could be out enjoying the sunshine. Running does however somewhat scupper my running. Over the weekend I completed my first open water event and also a bike ride, both really rather pleasant in hot weather. 
Tonight after much deliberating and waiting for it to cool down I got on my kit and headed out the front door for an easy few miles, as the sun bore down on me, I was hot, sweaty and glad I had loaded my 'bat-belt' with plenty of water. After a short break to drink and cool down after two miles my legs just did not want to play the game, upon stopping I had begun to melt, I slowed my pace and trotted along heading for home. managing the best part of 3 miles I was not over the moon but glad that I had made the effort to try.... sadly the weather forecast predicts cooler weather to come but on the upside, running should be a little easier and the laundry basket a little less ripe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment