Sunday 13 May 2012

Sore butt and swimming!

Once again a non-running day but I double whammied my training with a bike ride in the morning and a lake swim in the afternoon. What a fantastic way to spend a sunny Sunday! I am not quite ready for a triathlon yet but I fear (and so does my purse) that the day will be coming soon, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but some time soon. I certainly enjoy all the ingredients but I am not sure I am ready to combine them just yet.
The bike ride was a nice Sunday morning jaunt up to Badgers Mount and back (approx 14.5 miles) with hubby, pretty much uphill all the way on the out but some lovely downhill stretched on the way back - except those where the road seem to change to uphill when it was previously flat to punish us, we made it though and arrived back to enjoy a nice cuppa and toasted bagels...yum. One thing that the bagel does not help is the post cycle sore butt, I wonder how long it will take for my bottom to acclimatise to the seat and stop brusing?! answers on a postcard please!
After a quick bath and then a visit to help my mum with some errands I then diverted off to Leybourne Lakes to meet Jill for our second lake swim. The water was warmer than last week by a few degrees and we managed to stay in for around 34 minutes, we swam just over half a mile on the designated route around the buoys and then a little extra. It was definitely time to emerge though for me when my hands started to turn into cold claws...hmmm not good but they soon recovered once clasping a cup of hot tea. Jill on the other hand was much tougher and removed her wetsuit to 'double dip' and added a little more distance in just a cossie, she was pink afterwards but still smiling... maybe after a few more visits I might be that brave but not just yet thank you very much, let's wait for summer and warmer climes!

No comments:

Post a Comment