Saturday 19 May 2012

Saturday Struggle

As I sat on my sofa on Friday night wishing I was out doing something, anything I was delighted to get a message from Emma G suggesting a Saturday morning run... not too early but 9am and to go for about 7 miles, pace undetermined at this stage but not too hard.
It was the longest I had run since the marathon, now almost a month ago and my legs were heavy, leaden and struggling. We were also joined by Mark for this sunny jaunt, both on and off-road doing a circular route from Keston and through Locksbottom, Petts Wood and Norman Park.
When we reached the end I was pleased with my efforts if not a little frustrated that my legs felt so heavy. I suspect I am not quite ready to run hard again folloiwng the marathon so I will keep my distance and effort at a reduced rate and I'm sure I'll be back to my former glory in no time at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment