Sunday 22 April 2012

Pre-Marathon (VLM 2012)

It is 5.45am, I am up. I don't want to be up, not just yet and my eyes are stinging after a restless night. Not helped by Matilda (my cat) obviously sensing my nerves and being a nutter all night bounding around and knocking things over.
However, despite the usual random dreams I was participating in a solo 24hour race which can only be a good sign as I managed that - yes, in my dreams - perfectly well in all weather conditions and even met Father Christmas at the end (he got lost on the route) so I think this bodes well for me today. If I can do all that, through bright sun, wind, rain and snow and meet old St Nick then surely a marathon should be a doddle. Hmm it seems I sound a little loopy right now so perhaps it is time to go and eat my porridge?!
I'll be back later, hopefully with a PB to shout about and probably not having sat on a bearded man's lap to receive a gift!

1 comment:

  1. Wooooo Hooooooo.....have a great day today, who cares about PBs they will be the cherry on the icing for what will be a fantastic day

    ReplyDelete