Tuesday 17 April 2012

I'm a believer

As the day draws closer and closer I have so few miles left to run before all this hard work and effort is put to the test. There are so many variables on the day that could affect my run and so many unpredictable and unforeseen happenings that I could not even start to list. 
However, as I finished up my run today - I was on the treadmill as it was raining and although this doesn't normally bother me I am still trying to fend off the cold that wants to take hold and thought rainy weather may be no good in this battle - I was feeling ready. 
I got into my car to drive home and before I knew it I was singing along cheerfully ..."now I'm a believer, not a trace of doubt in my mind..." there could be something in this! In terms of positive thinking these simple words could help me on marathon day. I know I have done everything I should have, in fact there is no doubt about that. My time in Paddock Wood gave me the faith to believe that if I really suck it up and dig deep then I can do better than I ever believed possible. So I will remain positive, try not to get too excited about the prospect of the time I may get, but know that whatever happens, it is London Marathon and I will be running it!




1 comment:

  1. i loved this post Liz, made me smile. You are going to have an awesome marathon!

    ReplyDelete