Thursday 12 April 2012

Free rain

I was so up for a run last night and yet somehow by the time I left work it just didn't happen, then this morning I woke early, again ready to run but promptly fell back asleep for another hour. I finally woke and feeling more lethargic than I would have liked I got into my running kit, pulled on my Nike Free's and headed out the door. The plan was for a 5 mile run with the 3 miles in the middle to be at tempo pace. After my warm up my legs felt fine but I just didn't seem to be able to pick up the speed right away, it took me another mile to get my legs into tempo running mood and my pace soon picked up. Coming down the gentle slope away from Chislehurst I spotted another runner in the distance, gradually I was gaining on her and before long I had left her in my wake - doesn't really matter so much but it just put my mind somewhere other than my pace and the increasing drizzle that was coming down from above. Before I knew it I was on the homeward stretch with less than half a mile to go and the rain started to come a bit harder now, I kept at my warm down pace and finished up comfortably. It is so strange how a 5 or 6 mile run can feel like practically nothing when in the latter stages of marathon training... not long to go now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment