Sunday 8 April 2012

Chiefs Fifteen

For the past few days I have been back home in Sheffield for one of my oldest and best friends weddings and as Chief bridesmaid I was using all the energy usually reserved for running in sheer giddiness of the event! It was indeed a fantastic day and as you can imagine my duties did not allow for a sneaky run but with London now only two weeks away it was time to get back on plan and do the scheduled 15miles today. It helped that I has had a good 12 hours sleep last night in wedding recovery and finally headed out at about 11.30am this morning - usually the time I am finishing up my Sunday run. 
My route was haphazard to say the least and included an emergency pit stop in Norman park at almost exactly half way through the run but I made it and at my desired pace as well... my legs still seemed to be trying to pull away faster than the intended pace so all being well they will be like that on the next Big Day (22nd April). 

No comments:

Post a Comment