Friday 9 March 2012

Speedmill

My icky sicky feeling had made me feel not quite right enough to attend track training last night so as my subsitute (which is becoming a bad habit - but at least I'm doing the workout) was to visit the gym this morning. I had checked out the track schedule on the PWR website and I really wasn't sure how  was going to manage, this was going to be a tought one. One the treadmill I did a leisurely mile to warm up and make sure I was well enough to run. This was following by 1km at a 7:15 min/mile pace, tough! Then 2km at 7:35 min/mile pace arghhhh at this point I thought that it must be enough and maybe I should stop now but I overcame the negativity abnd thought about how good I would feel afterwards and all the positive rewards I am already reapng from doing regaular hard track sessions. So I did the next two sets of 1km at the faster pace and began my cool down. It was an really tough workout but I was delighted with my pace and just hope it doens't have a negative impcat on my long run tomoroow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment