Tuesday 13 March 2012

Razor nails and politics

Swimming, although the best all round exercise and most supportive can be pretty hazardous depending on who is in the pool with you.
This morning started with an lovely early morning swim, well lovely until a man with razor sharp toe nails entered the pool, slicing into my knee with his talons each time he passed me - luckily I was nearing the end of my swim by this time. There was also the regular hazard of the silver capped lady with the rogue leg, with each stroke one legs kicks up in the air, out of the water behind her, it surely cannot be an efficient way to swim but who am I to comment - odd thing is I would expect her to walk funny or perhaps have a limp as she seems to have little control over this leg, she doesn’t. It is most peculiar. Best thing to do is steer clear, especially as she has very poor swimming etiquette too!
After my swim, I went to the sauna, where each morning a number of regulars gather to out the world to rights, this morning was no different and was clearly on politics.... yawn.... not what I wanted this early so I kept my head down while the others waxed lyrical and this that and the other. We were joined shortly by another swimmer... after a few minutes I realised this was a familiar face, but not body hence initially unrecognisable in swimming kit. So once again I find myself chatting happily away to an Orpington Road Runner and not just any but Brian from one of Jerry's night runs  - who said they were all bad and unfriendly!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment