Monday 12 March 2012

Dusk Till Door

This evening was such a perfect evening for a run, I paid no heed to my usual rule of Monday being my rest day and instead on arriving home, I quickly changed, slipped into my slipper like Nick Free's and set off out the door with no real plan but to run for a while as the sun set.
After the first mile I decided I should try consciously to pick my feet up a bit more when I run, subsequently lengthening my stride, and kept this up for the next couple of miles quite comfortably and noticed my pace had also picked up but not so much the effort. I just need to make this normal and I may finally start picking up some speed... who knows!
4 and a half miles later I arrived at my front door, re-energised and thoroughly pleased with myself.

2 comments:

  1. Picking up my feet! I must try that next time! Especially if you say there is no extra effort :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. takes more thinking at first but hopefully it will become natural soon enough and I will reap the benefits. Try it!

    ReplyDelete