Saturday 25 February 2012

Making the most of free time

Fitting in my training runs has seemed very difficult for the last couple of weeks, I seemed to get back on track in Ireland and then volume seemed to decrease again. 
This morning, knowing I had only done one run and that I will be racing tomorrow in Tunbridge Wells I decided to go out with my garmin on but on a screen that meant I had no idea of pace but planned a route that would give me legs a good loosening for tomorrow of around 3 miles.
According to my plan, my pace should be around 10min/miles for an easy run so imagine my surprise when I got home and loaded up the stats to find that I had paced at almost my perfect marathon pace. I wasn't out of breath, I was comfortably pootling along just enjoying the run, so my body knows the speed it wants to go at but now we just have to make sure I get the miles in and come the 22nd April lets hope it all falls into place once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment