Sunday 18 December 2011

Hello Liz!

I set off this morning a little later than planned with with intentions of running around 7-8 miles. Still a little below par I was concerned that I could even make this distance but you don't know until you try and I could always walk if necessary.
It was pretty cold when I left the house so I was glad for my hat and jacket, but still missing both pairs of running gloves....doh!
After planning a pretty boring road based route I detoured almost immediately into Scadbury Park - if anything could keep me going it is running in the woods, so much nicer than pounding the tarmac. I found a comfortable pace after a couple of miles and was pretty much in my own world with the occasional dog walker crossing my path. Then before I knew if about 20 runners were coming towards me... the PWR Sunday morning group... hello Liz they all chimed as I passed their masses! I look forward to getting out with them again soon but for the moment I am happy to be better and out running again... maybe the 1,000 miles in 2011 is still just within reach.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, big turn out for the PWR Sunday run! Good to see you are up and about too.

    ReplyDelete