Wednesday 14 December 2011

...and my friends say I am organised!

My plan was simple, I would work late, get changed and head straight to running club so that no wind, rain, cold or cosy sofa could stop me from running tonight.
Arriving early I found everyone was huddled together indoors to avoid the freezing cold, with no gloves I was started to doubt my decision and my thoughts drifted to a warm living room, fleecy blanket, cup of tea and a cat purring on my lap!
Before long we were ushered outside for the announcements, group 1...fine.... then "Group 2 will be led tonight by Liz"
Well the shock on my face must have said it all, I had forgotten to plan a route.... I confirmed how far and what pace and confidently agreed that is indeed what I would be doing (but no specifics as to where that would take place).
With a small group of 5 (the only ones who seemed confident I could do this) we set off on our magical mystery tour! The group therefore was very friendly and I was pleased to find two of the runners had graduated the latest PWR beginners group in November so it was great to see them doing so well with big smiles on their faces.
Trying to keep the route fairly flat as requested we ran the quieter roads of Petts Wood, taking in some rather fantastical Christmas lights and heading down towards Orpington only pausing for the occasional road crossing. A small short sharp hill made us all work a little harder less than a mile before the end. We arrived back at the meeting point a little early with both pace and distance absolutely spot on... who needs to plan when you have the internal geography of a Petts Wood Runner! 



2 comments:

  1. Lol, your face was picture last night! Well done though, sometimes the best things happen when it's not planned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As my outlook reminders popped up, there is was... "Group 2 - plan a route". A reminder to myself that I didn't see!
    Really enjoyed it though, lovely group to take out.

    ReplyDelete