Saturday 26 November 2011

Mo running

Today was day one return to running after a 5 day enforced rest thanks to a mean old cold taking over my head and filling me with snot all week. A special training session was being held as part of the Kent London Athletics Network (of which Petts Wood Runners are now a part) by experienced endurance running coach Neville . 
I prepared by volunteering at parkrun in my stick on moustache in a Movember special - extra special because the attendance record was broken with 292 runners!
We arrived for the special training and set off on a warm-up run. this was followed by 10mins at a 5km pace, 5 x 3mins at a 3k pace although I'm not sure I was maintaining that one, it was getting tough. Maybe special training is not the best idea after a week of cold. We finished with some 30second sprints and headed back to the clubhouse for a talk about training. This would have been much better had the room not have been like a freezer but cups of tea and a couple of party rings did the trick to cheer me up! 
I have a feeling my legs will be sore tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment