Friday 18 November 2011

Faster than a car

So for the second Friday on the trot I replaced my Thursday evening run with a pre-work easy run in the morning. I started on the roads and as I ran up the A20 overtaking traffic I noticed that some drivers were deliberately driving at the pace I was running (I guess there is not much else to do when the traffic keeps backing up). This then made me more wary of my speed as I tried to beat them along
Old Perry Street
towards Chislehurst. I was winning overall I reckon but it was getting a bit silly!
I decided to detour into Scadbury to escape the traffic (before the traffic started to clear too much) and relax my pace a little. Much better, the ground was damp but firm and the trees were golden with their leaves scattered on the ground. Surprisingly I didn't see another soul in the woods, not even a dog walker which surprised me on such a lovely morning. Lovely way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment