Wednesday 5 October 2011

Just keep going

All the good intentions in the world can not make a group 4 runner I discovered last night with the running club. After the semi-disasterous race on Sunday I figured as I hadn't run flat out it would make sense to go for round 2 in Group 4 as I hadn't depleted all my reserves. I was feeling pretty confident but soon it was evidient that I wasn't ready. the space between me and the group widened with sweep Emma loyally sticking with me and encouraging me all the way.
It doesn't stop the feeling you get a s a group pulls away and leaves you struggling to keep them in sight. Dissappointed in myself I was, I really should be able to do this. The group were great and spot on pace but tonight I just didn't have it in me no matter how hard I pushed... the plus side though is that I did manage to run the entire incline of Old Hill without walking or stopping at all.
What have I learnt? Nothing, something, who knows... it seems that inconsistency is inherent in a runners body or at least this runners body. So from now on post race Tuesday I should drop down a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment