Saturday 3 September 2011

Loosen up in the pool

My legs felt tired this week, not sure if it was the 14 miler last Sunday or Tuesday nights club run when my calves felt like lead but I have taken it easy on the running this week because of it (saving myself for Parkrun on Saturday).
My mum arrived on Friday afternoon to help celebrate my birthday and we decided to get out and be active before eating a mega slice of a rather huge and delicious Red Velvet birthday cake.
Swimming won the fight and we trotted off to the pool for a few lengths, sticking to just over 1/2 mile I decided I love the pool more and more each time I go. The difference between a 25m and 33m pool doesn't seem much but when you and seeing off those lengths it really does make a psychological difference - lets hope it stays even after I get used to the pool length!  
After the swim I felt much better and my calves had finally loosened up, phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment