Friday 16 September 2011

How many showers does a cyclist need?

Today I woke up and decided it was about time I tried cycling to work, shame I only thought about it once I'd had a shower!
I decided to take the 'easy' route which meant avoiding a rather steep, busy and nasty hill (Summer Hill) and having the car drivers laugh as I struggled to maintain composure and speed on the steepest parts without falling off!
The easy route took me through Petts Wood, down Southborough Lane and along Bromley Common... with minimal road rage I made it to work in one piece but in need of shower number two of the day.
I departed work happily still in the mood to cycle - I was concerned this may have worn off through the day - and set off. The journey back was a slow incline most of the way which I thought would be much harder although turns out I did it about 10minutes faster then the mostly downhill journey to work.... this makes no sense at all. The only thing I can put it down to is the traffic this morning on the school runs.
The sun was shining, the wind was in my hair and it was a lovely end to a very good day at work. I think this may be the way forward but don't quote me on that when the weather turns bad! I might try for once a week for now!
Now off for shower number 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment