Wednesday 7 September 2011

Conker Dodging

Without giving myself a chance to change my mind, I got home from work and quickly changed into my running kit. I then cadged a lift from hubby to the halfway point between home and my hill of choice for hill reps.
Not sitting down removed any chance I had of bailing out of tonight's run. My plan had specified intervals, easy and a tempo run this week prior to Sunday.. but that got muddled by running with the club last night. So tweaking the plan a little I decided I would do the easy run but slot in some hill reps in the middle.
The chosen road is a private road, familiar with many a PWR member. I encountered one of the elusive residents who suitably reprimanded me for running up and down her hill with a single look - I smiled and called good afternoon, I was snubbed!
As I started my hill reps I had noticed the conkers but not really registered that if they are on the floor they are at some point falling, until of course I was narrowly missed by one falling. As I continued my reps the occasional thud was heard and a conker was sent rolling down the hill. Luckily I narrowly avoided being hit on the head or indeed anywhere else but other runners beware conkers are out to get you!


No comments:

Post a Comment